Labor Day weekend is here! All of us at the station are excited for a long weekend to enjoy these last few weeks of warm air and beaches. Here’s some fun ways to get you and your family out on the town and experiencing what Syracuse has to offer:
- Black Panther at the Everson- Bring your whole family out to see this high-grossing record breaking superhero film projected onto the north façade of the Everson Art Museum. It’s a powerful story and a great addition to the Marvel movie collection and best part is its free! The Everson is located at 401 Harrison Street in Down Town Syracuse.
- Catch the first game of the SU Football season- There’s all sorts of places hosting fans in Syracuse for the opening SU football game in Western Michigan, but most notably the Lake House Pub in Skaneateles. There will be great specials for the 31st so bring the whole family!
- Taylor Tomlinson at the Syracuse Funny Bone- First off, I love this comedian. She’s been doing rounds all across the country and is gaining a lot of traction with her material, if you don’t know her give her a quick search on Youtube! She’s hilarious. As seen on “The Tonight Show,” “Conan” and Netflix’s “The Comedy Lineup,” her blunt and raunchy style is sure to make your stomach hurt from laughter. She will be performing all weekend, Friday through Sunday, at the Funny Bone at Destiny USA. It’s a 21 years or older show so bring your college kids for a funny and relatable stand up set! Tickets are only $12 to $15, which is a steal for a comedian who will be on the scene for a long time.
- Beaver Lake Art Exhibit- The beautiful Beaver Lake nature center will be hosting the Associated Artists of CNY presenting local artists in a new exhibit. If you love natural beauty and art all in one then you’re not going to want to miss this. Admission to the park is five dollars, but the event is free! So show up early for some scenic hiking and stay for the beautiful artwork. For more information visit the Onondaga County Parks website! The exhibit will be open to viewing beginning at 7:30 AM and extending to 8:30 PM.
- Ozzy Osbourne at the Lakeview Amphitheatre- All Aboooooooard! Don’t miss this crazy train folks! This show is going to be absolutely massive. Overlooking the beautiful Onondaga Lake, the show starts at 7:30 PM on Saturday the first. Tickets are 49 or higher so get them soon! This ones sure to sell out!