A New York State-wide crackdown on underage alcohol sales and fake IDs charged 141 bars, liquor stores, convenience stores and other establishments with illegally selling alcohol to minors. Eight of those establishments are located right here in Onondaga County.
- Wolff's Biergarten – 106 Montgomery Street, Syracuse, NY
- Orange Hill Liquor – 825 East Genesee Street
- Syracuse Market – 324 Irving Avenue, Syracuse, NY
- Westcott Grovery – 477 Westcott Street, Syracuse NY
- Syracuse Real Food Cooperative – 618 Kensington Road, Syracuse NY
- Speedway – 400 Erie Boulevard, Syracuse, NY
- SU Corner Market – 701 South Crouse Avenue, Syracuse NY
- Casa De Cuse – 742 South Beech Street, Syracuse NY
Those licensees were charged with underage sale of alcohol by the SLA, and face civil penalties up to $10,000 per violation, or $2500-$3000 for first-time offenders.
Photo: Getty Images