It's time to party hardy in to the new year!
According to Syracuse.com, New Year's Eve is the only time of the year that bars are allowed to stay open all-night New Year's and well into the next day, but only if they have a special New Year's- only permit.
In New York state, depending on the bars' location, normally close at either 1 am, 2 am, 3 am, or 4 am. This New Year's all-night permit allows the bars to allows bars to keep the party going and remain open though New Year's Day.
Although most of the bars that received these permits are in the New York City area, 28 out of 189 are in Upstate New York.
Here's some bars in Upstate New York that will be open all night and all day this New Year's:
- Wild Will's Saloon, 139 E. Water Street, Syracuse
- Trexx Nightclub, 323 N. Clinton Street, Syracuse
- Yellow Brick Road Casino(Wicked Good Pizza), 800 W. Genesee Street, Chittenango
- Point Place Casino, 450 Route 31, Bridgeport
- Turning Stone Resort Casino (TS Steakhouse), 5218 Patrick Road, Verona
- O'Brien's Restaurant & Bar, 226 Webb Street, Clayton
- The Red Jug Pub, 31 Central Avenue, Cortaland
- Lot 10 Bar & Lounge, 106 S. Cayuga Street, Ithaca
- JD Oxford's, 636 Monroe Avenue, Rochester
- Dos Rios Cantina, 60 Court Street, Binghamton
- Dillingers (Main Bar), 73-77 State Street, Binghamton
- The Colonial, 56 Court Street, Binghamton
Feel free to checkout the full list.
Photo Credit: Getty Images.