Do you sleep with a “comfort item” from your childhood? According to a new survey, 34% of Americans sleep with a “comfort object” from childhood – whether it’s a special pillow or blanket of stuffed animal they’ve had since they were young. (SWNS)
Have you gained weight on the job? According to a survey by Jenny Craig, 64% of American office workers say their desk job has caused their health to decline. 90% of those who have gained weight blame their workplace. And more than 65% say their job is the biggest reason why they struggle with their weight. Get this: The average American office worker says they gained 12 pounds while working their desk job.
Here are the reasons Americans say they gain weight at work:
- Snacking at their desk – 51%
- Sitting at a desk all day – 48%
- Eating take-out and fast food – 42%
- Too tired to exercise – 41%
- Eating out for lunch – 39% (SWNS)
Too hot to date …According to a dating site Plenty of Fish’s new “Steamy Summer Report,” 25% of people have canceled a date because it was just too hot outside. (Ask Men)
Is your current significant other a lot like your last significant other?A new study out of Germany finds that people tend to fall for people who are a lot like their exes. Seems most people do have certain “types” and personalities they are attracted to, which would explain why they tend to date people with similar characteristics. (Newsweek)
No new friends …A study revealed that the average American adult has not made a new friend in the last five years. (Independent)
- What about you? Have you actively pursued new friendships in the last five years or less? If not, why? Do you have enough friends already? Are you too shy? Is making friends harder than it used to be?