There's a cool new study out that says that over 90% of people consider their dog to be a part of their family. How true is that?! Whenever I'm in a bad mood, I'll go home and cuddle up with my little man, and feel SO much better.
Here's what the study came up with:
- 24% of dog owners make up songs and sing to their dogs.
- 29% post more pics of their dog than of their family and friends.
- 54% said they would consider ending a relationship if their dog didn’t like their partner.
- 25% of dog owners have brought their pet on a date.
- 65% admitted to taking more photos of their dog than their significant other.
- 47% of those in a relationship said they’d find it harder to leave their dog for a week than their significant other.
- 56% say hello to their dog first when they come home, before greeting the rest of the family.
- 78% would include their dog in family moments like marriage proposals, holiday cards and vacations.
- 88% have done things to make sure their dog doesn’t get lonely when he's home alone, including leaving the TV on or getting a second pet.
- 33% have cried when leaving their dog at home.
- 56% have celebrated their dog’s birthday.
- 75% use their dog or dog videos to cheer them up if they're having a rough day.
So love your dog a little extra this weekend after checking these things out, because they deserve it!!