OK so summer is here and it's the time of year to have fun, explore and not be tied down (unless your married like me). But what I've learned about dating when I was younger included the best way to break up. Sounds weird but it's true - there are proper ways to end the relationship and according to Men's Health mag here they are.
If you’re going to break up with your girlfriend, you might as well do it right.
According to women, here are some things to keep in mind when pulling the plug:
- Face-to-face is best – At the bare minimum, make a phone call. No text. No email.
- Don’t let it linger – It’s best to break up with her before you start treating her poorly.
- Do not be vague – End it and slam the door. There’s no room for “maybe” or “someday.”
- Don’t disappear – The most obnoxious way to dump your girlfriend is to just disappear. Be an adult. Step up and explain things.
- Stay away – When it’s over, it’s over. Don’t keep hope alive. Don’t string her along. That’s bad for everyone involved.